Maldives is known by many as one of the world’s amazing tourist destinations with exotic islands and various underwater beauty. The charm invites many hotels and resorts with luxurious facilities opened there. One of them is Raffles Maldives.
The premium hotel chain, Raffles Hotels & Resorts, spreads its wings in the Maldives. Residing at Gaafu Alifu Atoll, Overwater Island which opened around the fourth quarter of 2019, can be reached for 55 minutes by plane from Malé International Airport to Kaadedhdhoo Airport. From Kaadedhdhoo Airport then the journey continues by speedboat for 15 minutes to the resort.
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo has 22 villas which are divided into categories Beach Villas, Beach Residences, and Raffles Royal Residence. The fourth property owned by Accor Hotels is carefully built so that each unit has a charming ocean view.
Each villa offers charming raw features, such as; a private pool, spacious rooms, and luxury bathrooms complete with outdoor bathtubs. If you crave a more complete privacy, Overwater Villas and Residences also located within a distance. To reach this villa, the hotel provides a traditional Maldivian boat, Dhoni.
For food matters, the hotel offers five restaurants, ranging from restaurants that serve international dishes and places to eat with special Nikkei or barbecue menus.
- The first is Thari, this restaurant is open all day, providing the right place to eat when you are on holiday in Maldives
- Second is the firepit, find peace in Maldives while enjoying a cold cocktail.
- Third is Yapa Sunset Bar, this restaurant is on top of the water while tasting authentic Japanese sake combined with delicious seafood.
- Fourth is Yuzu, nikkei. Want to eat a meal with a romantic atmosphere above the lagoon? Yuzu, Nikkei is the answer. This restaurant serves fresh and special fresh food from Peru.
- The fifth is bespoke dining. In this restaurant you can eat dishes as you wish, you can decide to eat by the beach, lagoon, on a boat or on a private island.
Like most resorts, Raffles Maldives Meradhoo is also equipped with spa facilities that provide a variety of massage, start from facial treatments from Biologique Recherche, body treatments with Aromatherapy Associates essential oils, to nail treatments from Margaret Dabbs London. Other supporting facilities include a fitness center, yoga classes, and various water sports activities.
Attractive Building Design
The design of the resort takes inspiration from the sea with a visionary approach towards environmental sustainability. All elements of the resort design take inspiration from the environment. All elements in building this resort come from natural ingredients. Raffles Maldives has 22 villas. Each villa is formed with an eco-friendly double roof to create perfect natural ventilation.